Saturday, July 30, 2011

Trash to Display Treasure

One Man's trash is another's treasure - I love that saying and for me it's so true. I have been on the look out for new display pieces but I have to keep a very low budget. I love dumpster diving, garage sales,goodwill, and auctions. Thankfully I really like an eclectic look to my booth. My sister found this little gem at a garage sale for .25!

I loved it at first glance - but it needed a bit of sprucing up before I could use it. My darling husband helped out by removing the trims and painting it my favorite apple green. Here is the carriage mid way with the first coat of paint.

This was MUCH, MUCH better. After a second coat of paint is was ready to go as a display piece - here it is in it's final glory - I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment